Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Metro Scope Blocks Done

Excuse the "design wall."  I took down the pictures on a wall in my breakfast room to be able to hang them as they were being made.  Caught the edge of the countertop.  I'm looking forward to the Cottage where there will be a real design wall.


Since I lost one of the dark blues due to my cutting error, I'll have to rethink the layout.  It's okay.  The blocks are done.  I can figure out the rest of it.

But not today.

I'm heading to the Pacific Ocean in a little bit.  I have a bucket list of things I want to see or do before I leave SoCal.  This was one of them.  I have a friend who has a place in Dana Point, and I think a day or two of reflection while sitting on the beach is just what the doctor ordered.  Saw him yesterday.  He said I needed to relax and get rid of the stress in my life.  This will do it!

Speaking of the Cottage, I'm trying to figure out a time I can zip home for a week or so to plan the move from that end.  Between doctor appointments and meetings, it'll be tough to work out.  I think I need to get perspective from the other LA to make this LA work itself out.  LA2LA -- that would make a good license plate!

11 comments:

Darlene said...

Going to the beach to relax and unwind is a very good idea. Perfect!

LA2LA would be a great license plate. :-)

Cathy said...

I like your blocks, the colors are fantastic!

Sharon said...

No place better than at the water to reflect, sort, purge the mind, and come to terms with what is going on in the moment of your life. Enjoy!

Deb said...

LOVE your blocks, what material line did you use? I thought you had retired? It's time for R & R in your life...let loose and enjoy!

Mary said...

Beautiful blocks. Give yourself a break and enjoy the beach!

Mary

Sinta Renee said...

I was just at Dana Point this week. (visiting) A trip to the ocean is always great for the soul. Your Metro quilt is gorgeous!

Nini said...

I like your license plate idea, but love those blocks! They really shine once you have a bunch done. I'm so impressed, keep up the good work!

badlandsquilts said...

I just saw an article somewhere talking about the sound of water as the number one stress reducer...

Blocks look good!

Katie Z. said...

Your blocks are beautiful!

I hope you are able to get some serious relaxation and accomplish your bucket list before your move.

AnnieO said...

What's that quote from Isak Dinesen? "The cure for anything is salt water, tears, sweat, or the sea". Looks like all three in your future!

Brandie said...

I love the blocks and the colors you used!
Good luck de-stressing!