Saturday, March 15, 2014

National Quilting Day

I hope everyone is getting some quilting done today!  I know we all quilt all year long, but today is the day to forget about everything else and spend glorious time in the sewing rooms!

I got up this morning and finished up Hurrah.  Of course, my pictures are horrible.  It's laying on the grass and looks awfully bumpy, and it hasn't been pressed yet.  I just thought I'd better grab a photo now because once I fold it away, no telling when it'll come out again!



The Hurrah pattern and Grant Park fabric are by Minick & Simpson.  It's 76" x 86" and will have a red binding.

I'm real pleased with how it turned out.

The day isn't over yet, so I'm going to pull out something else to work on!

8 comments:

Mary said...

Well...I've not spent any time in the sewing room today, but I did visit a guild and two quilt stores...hopefully that counts!

Sherrill said...

MAN! I think I got to sew ONE seam today!! One strip on a string block! I was busy fixing an early St. Paddy's day dinner to share with my niece & her fam. Then I went to pick up my produce co-op purchase and had to take care of some of that. Maybe tomorrow after church..we'll see.

Darlene said...

No sewing/quilting for me today but the day is not over. LOL

I'm very smitten with your quilt, Vicky.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

It looks wonderful Vicky! Well done!

Karen said...

There was a lot of sewing involved in making this quilt top. I like the zigzag border on it.

JudyT said...

Love it, Vicky!

mascanlon said...

This quilt is gorgeous, I especially love the border Vicky.

Kyle said...

I hope you don't put away for long. It' lovely.