Sunday, February 22, 2009

Update - Stash Report Week 8!


Here are four of the Calico Horse patterns I picked up yesterday. All of these were hanging in their shop in Redlands. Cute quilts and all good for stash busting! (Is "stash busting" one word or two? LOL)

The Flag Day Farm order I placed last week from The Fat Quarter Shop arrived - gulp, 22.125 yards. I'm so in love with patriotic fabrics that when I see a good line I scarf it up. There's a really nice stash of these colors now. Believe it or not, I was down to almost no patriotics about a year ago. Not any more! I'm set to go!

I'm counting as busted the 8.125 yards for the Bears in the Barnhouse Quilt-Along that Judy is hosting for us. I keep saying this over and over, but she is such an inspiration to me and I know to a lot of other bloggers and quilters all over the world! Thank you, Judy! So these fabrics are committed, tubbed up, and ready for Step 3! They're out of my stash, so they're busted!!

Cutting like crazy is going on here today. I'm cutting shirtings and blues for the James River Blues pattern by Bonnie Blue Quilts. I thought I would be able to start sewing on it today but probably not. I cut a little and then sat down to sew the first block. I glanced at the pattern, and that's when I realized that each block on this quilt is scrappy. I was thinking in my pea-sized brain that each block only had two fabrics. The scrappy quilt that was hanging at Road to California was gorgeous and I fell in love with it, but I could also do two-fabric blocks. I'm going to ask for opinions on this - but I already know what you're going to say.

I'm so excited about sewing now. More than I have been in the last year or two. Busting is surely to follow!

UPDATE: I totally forgot to mail out the box of fabrics sitting on the back seat of the QuiltMobile, but they'll be mailed in the morning. I went to great efforts to pull these fabrics and box them. They're headed to someone who will use them in charity quilts. That's another 36.75 yards out of the stash. I'm counting it this week. Yes, I am!!

Almost even again. I'll be there next week!

Year-to-Date Totals:

Busted: 92.50 yards
Purchased: 97.75 yards
Net YTD: <5.25> yards

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness . . you're getting so much done! I'm going to have to check out the Flag Day Farm. I love patriotic fabrics too. You know who's going to get blamed if I buy some!

Carol said...

I love the Flag Day Farm and have resisted...I must check out those patterns...thanks so much for giving us a picture. Love James River Blues....scrappy is my vote.

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

What an AWESOME report!!! Now if you don't buy anything in the next couple weeks, you could be in the black!!! C'mon girl you can do it!

Lori in South Dakota said...

Well, you're report is almost a break even, which is good! Have fun with your fabrics, I think you should take pictures of your stash and tell us about each picture. Stash-mobile? Not a Daisy-mobile?? I have dog "snoodles" all over the passenger window and dash of our truck! No riding allowed in my car, I had it cleaned a while back and I could have made a coat with all the hair they took out.